Thursday, July 21, 2011

Changes at TYE

Many of you may have noticed a few changes lately.  I would like to take a brief moment to clear some things up.

#1.  Yes, the name of the gym is changing and NO that will not effect your training!  I am committed "100% and then some" to your development as athletes.  As long as you are here, I will be too!!
 We will be team R.E.D. from this point forward.  Ranger Endurance Development. 
The website will now be located at www.rangerendurance.com if you are reading this then you know that the blog is rangerendurance.blogspot.com and I have created a new blog detailing the quest to go under 10 hours in an Ironman with fewer than 10 hours of training a week.  http://sub10im.blogspot.com/.  (Follow it!!)

#2.  Fridays will be "Challenge WOD"  The premise is like the basketball game "horse"  Every athlete will be able to come up with their own workout, you may then challenge the rest of the gym or an individual to beat your score, time, reps, ext.   Lower score buys the higher score a MIX 1 (or other beverage of choice!)    "Iron" Will Eaton has already set two challenges... 100 muscle ups for time &  60 minutes of Cindy!!  Remember, you have to complete your own workout before you can challenge someone else to it!   If you have the "intestinal fortitude" to challenge a coach, you get 3:1 odds.  In other words, you beat Me, Jess, Josh, or Anna in a Challenge WOD, you have 3 MIX 1's coming your way!
Since some of you are completely nuts and I know you will try to kill one another, I have decided to open the gym up for an extra hour on Fridays to facilitate your devious WOD's.  open gym is now 4-7p on Friday evenings. 

#3. A lot of people have been racing (and CRUSHING it!!) my apologies about not posting results lately.  I am back on track now.  Please post race results to the comments section of the blog or the TEAM FACEBOOK PAGE

#4.  Lastly, but most importantly, THANK YOU!  I know that the past couple of weeks have been a little rocky.  I can't express how much it means to me to have such a dedicated team of athletes!  I promise that these changes are for the better.  I will continue to do everything in my power to improve YOUR training facility!  Please bare with me as these final adjustments are being made. 


R.E.D. TEAM GO!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Will is going to be buying me a Mix1 for the 60 minutes of Cindy very soon! I will be thinking of my own challenge for a little bit ... BTW, how many rounds did you get in 60 minutes, Will?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the changes look great. Drive on Ranger. Sua Sponte!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tony.... Now get your ass back to the gym!!

    ReplyDelete